So the other day, I was on the Lunch Out Loud election preview podcast. I made predictions on a few words, let’s see how I did (remembering that I wanted to do better than 3/11):
- Somerset: Martin Canning or Jeff Morrison (yeah, I wussed out and picked two)
Winner: Catherine McKenney
I underestimated the power of McKenney’s machine. This isn’t a bad choice.
- Rideau-Rockliffe: Tobi Nussbaum
Winner: Yay Tobi!
- Rideau-Vanier: Marc Aubin
Winner: Mathieu Fleury
Aubin’s vision didn’t spread throughout the ward. I hope he’ll remain active in the community.
- Kitchissippi: Jeff Leiper
Winner: Yay Jeff!
- River: Riley Brockington
Winner: Yay Riley!
- Osgoode: George Darouze (I’m really guessing here, but this is a really interesting race with lots of good candidates)
Winner: Yay George!
- Gloucester-South Nepean: Susan Sherring
Winner: Michael Qaquish
Qaquish knocked on the doors and demonstrated his knowledge of City Hall to win comfortably.
- Alta Vista: Jean Cloutier
Winner: Yay Jean!
- Bay: Mark Taylor
Winner: Yay Mark!
- Innes: Jody Mitic
Winner: Yay Jody!
So no these, I went 8/11; I’ll take that.